fans! This week on the site, we’re taking a close look at the exciting chase through the Coruscant infrastructure in one of the opening moments of Attack of the Clones
. It's part of our ongoing celebration of the tenth anniversary of Episode II
. Make sure to stay tuned throughout the week for more articles, insights, videos, and information on the best merchandising content you’ll want to look out for! Attack of the Clones
gets a bad rap for being a slower, more romantic entry in the Star Wars
saga, but it features some of the best and most exciting action sequences in the entire saga. While most of the film’s action takes place in the final 45 minutes during the arena battle on Geonosis, we get a taste of Anakin and Obi-Wan's friendship during the exciting chase to find Padme’s assassins. Check out our Force Facts!
- Hayden Christensen was a relative unknown before he was cast as Anakin Skywalker. One of his first roles was a small part in The Virgin Suicides, the directorial debut of Sofia Coppola. Coppola has a small role as one of Padme’s handmaiden in The Phantom Menace.
- Almost every young actor in Hollywood vied for the part of Anakin Skywalker in Attack of the Clones. Leonardo DiCaprio, James Van Der Beek, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Walker, Colin Hanks, Heath Ledger, Ryan Phillipe, and Joshua Jackson were all considered for the role.
- The Dug that yells “Jedi Poodoo” is not Sebulba. Matthew Wood voiced the new character Seboca.
- Dexter Jettster was named after George Lucas’ son Jett, whose nickname is “Jettster.” Jett also appears as the Jedi padawan that is killed by clones in front of Bail Organa in Revenge of the Sith.
- Dexter’s Diner was inspired by the same classic “American style” cuisine restaurants that George Lucas featured in American Graffiti.
- During the nightclub sequence, there are many cameos from familiar Star Wars faces. Anthony Daniels, Ahmed Best, and Katie Lucas all appear as characters within the background.
- Anakin’s selection of speeder is a reference to his favorite color: yellow. All of Anakin’s ships are the same color as his famous childhood podracer.
- Almost every shot in Attack of the Clones is digitally enhanced in some way. The film received an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects, but it lost to Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. The Two Towers also out-grossed Attack of the Clones, making it the first Star Wars film to not become the year’s top selling film.
- Attack of the Clones was the first film in the Star Wars franchise to be released in select IMAX theaters.
- After Disney purchased Lucasfilm in late 2012, the 3D re-releases of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were canceled. However, lucky fans at Celebration Europe II got to see the film’s exclusive 3D version.
What do you think, Rebelscum
fans? Do you have a favorite Attack of the Clones
moment? Do you think the film is underrated? Let us know in the forums
, and as always, may the Force be with you!
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!https://www.RebelscumShop.com
Be sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms:https://www.YouTube.com/RebelscumPagehttp://www.Twitter.com/RebelScumNewshttp://www.Facebook.com/RebelScumcomhttp://www.Instagram.com/RebelScum.Official